Monday, January 29, 2007

Way to go Moscow!

I don't know the back story, nor do I know the man's (the mayor) theology, but I've got nothing but a warm feeling for why the mayor of Moscow rejected some sort of a gay parade. Check out the story.

Again, I don't know with what tone this whole thing has gone down, but any mayor (of any city) is a big man to step-up for the kind of ridicule that he's going to get.

By the way, wasn't it interesting to note the way that he referred to the west (U.S. and Europe)? It sounds like the sentiments of Christians in parts of the world who are more persecuted. They see the American (or western) version of Christianity as a non-Christianity, and in a lot of ways, they are probably right. I've heard that they pray for persecution to come upon us so that we would be purified. It's a scary thought, but it wouldn't surprise me if that is exactly what God does.

No comments:

Copyright © 2005-2010 Eric Johnson